Certificate 2 Telecommunications
Digital Reception Technology
(Government approved Traineeship's)
Online Course Content Information
- This training leads to a Nationally recognised qualification "Certificate 2 in Telecommunications Digital Reception Technology".
- The Certificate 2 must be completed as a pre-requisite to completing the Certificate 3 Digital Reception Technology.
- You then use the Certificate 2 to apply for the ACMA Coaxial Endorsement.
- Cert 2 costs $560 online theory cost then complete our Hands on Day $200 (Total $760* incl GST).
(* see Hands on Day conditions for Trainees or Experienced Cablers below)
- Purchase Cert 2 and Cert 3 Theory together and save $100 on theory costs, $1120. Hands on Training for both courses is $600 (3 days).
There are no pre-requisite requirements for this qualification. Here are the units of competency you will study online.
ICT20410 Certificate II in Telecommunications Digital Reception Technology
Total number of units = 12
- 8 core units, plus
- 1 elective unit from Group A workplace units, plus
- 1 elective unit from Group B specialist units, plus
- 2 elective units from Group C general units
- BSBSUS201A Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- ICTCBL3011A Install and terminate coaxial cable
- ICTDRE3156A Install digital reception equipment
- ICTDRE3157A Locate and rectify digital reception equipment faults
- ICTOHS2170A Follow occupational health and safety and environmental policy and procedures
- ICTTEN2140A Use hand and power tools
- ICTTEN2007A Use electrical skills in telecommunications work
- ICTTEN2105A Install and test an internet protocol device in convergence networks
Group A - Workplace elective units
Group B - Specialist elective units
- BSBCUS201A Deliver a service to customers
Group C - General elective units Cabling
- ICTRFN2164A Install a terrestrial antenna
The elements within the Units of competency above do not cover the ACMA competencies below:
- ICTCBL3015A Locate and identify cable system faults
- ICTOHS2080A Provide telecommunications services safely on roofs
If you require the ACMA Open or Restricted Cabling Registration we have courses online for these licences.
- ICTCBL2136A Install, maintain and modify customer premises communications cabling: ACMA Restricted
- ICTCBL2137A Install, maintain and modify customer premises communications cabling: ACMA Open Rule
The ACMA Registrars will accept this Certificate as evidence toward issuing a Coaxial Endorsement.
Note: The ACMA requirement for ACDC Theory is completed as part of the unit ICTTEN2007A.
For details on competencies starting with ICTCBLxxxxX click here. Scroll through.
For details on competencies starting with ICTTENxxxxX click here. Scroll through.
For details on competencies starting with BSBxxx201A click here. Scroll through.
For details on competencies starting with ICTOHS2xxxA click here. Scroll through.
For details on competencies starting with ICTDRExxxxA click here. Scroll through.
For details on competencies starting with ICTRFN2xxxA click here. Scroll through.
Hands on Training Projects
The costs for hands on training is $200 per day, normally paid on the day to CCC Trainers based around Australia.
- Experienced Cablers will only require a single hands on day thus the cost will be $200.
- Trainees and inexperienced cablers may need additional face to face hands on training ($200/day) or
- Trainees and inexperienced cablers may gain the necessary experience in the field with their Employer and
- Trainees and inexperienced cablers will still need to complete a minimum single day training with CCC Trainers costing $200.
Hands on Assignments and Projects
Assignments may be wavered for experienced cablers who can show evidence they have the necessary skills and knowledge (RPL).
Trainees and inexperienced cablers must complete all assignments and purchase the necessary kits and test equipment needed.
- The costs for electronic kits used in ICTTEN2007A is less than $40 per student.
- Students are required to purchase an inexpensive Multimeter.($30)
- Students will incur costs for consumable items used on the Hand and Power Tools or DRT training day.
- Students are required to purchase basic tools, Coaxial stripping and termination tools, sidecutters, screwdrivers, pliers, battery drill and bits etc.
- Students are required to have a wireless router and wireless Laptop for projects in ICTTEN2105A.
- Students must purchase, hire or borrow an RF DVB-T Test Meter for measuring Digital TV Signal parameters.
- Students must purchase, hire or borrow a Safety Harness for working on roofs competency.
- If you can not access any of the items above you must contact the tutor prior to purchasing training.
Call Trevor for a free quote or free training pathway assessment. 07 41596950